BUCHREZENSIONEN. FILMKRITIKEN. ZITATESAMMLUNGEN.

30. Juli 2017

ZITATESAMMLUNG "HOLDING UP THE UNIVERSE"

Do you ever wonder if it's everyone else who sees the world differently?
Like maybe you see people the way they're supposed to be seen?
 "Remembering is like this superpower everybody seems to have but me."
(page 1) 

"I try to imagine what it would be like if the general high school public knew about me - they could literally walk right up abd steal my shit or my car, then come back and help me look for it." 
(page 31)

"It's like being on a costume party every single day where you'r the only one without a costume." 
(page 44)

"We can't fight another person's battles, no matter how much we want to." 
(page 64)

"He's perfect. He's never had a bad day. Okay, he has this strange disorder that keeps him from recognizing poeple, but no one's ever called him fat or ugly or disgusting. No one's sent him hate mail or told him he would have been better off killing himself. His parents never received hate mail just for having him. Also, he has parents. I doubt he knows what it's like to lose someone he loves. People like us, we can't touch him because he's too good for you and me and the rest of these kids and this punishment."
(page 143)

"It's like having a circus in my mind and always jumping through hoops. It's like being in a crowded room where at first, you don't know anyone. Always."
(page 146)

"Last night she was here. This morning she was here. Now she's gone, and not just for a few days, but forever. How can something so final can happen in an instant? No preparation. No warning. No chance to do all the things you planned to do. No chance to say goodbye."
(page 170)

"Across the seat, our eyes are holding hands."
(page 195)

"As someone recently diagnosed with prosopagnosia, I'm told that I don't process faces like normal people. For instance, I avoid the eyes. But I don't seem to have any trouble looking into yours. In fact, I like looking into them. A lot."
(page 226)

"The only crime I committed was being fat."
(page 282)

"All this time, I thought it was her weight that made me see her. But it's not her weight at all. It's her."
(page 376)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen